What is v7ndotcom elursrebmem?
v7ndotcom elursrebmem are the keywords John Scott has picked for V7N SEO Contest. If you reverse the keywords around, you’ll notice they spell out the words “members rule”.
Why v7ndotcom elursrebmem?
From John Scott:
The keywords I chose indicate the value this community places upon community. The v7n community has always been, in my opinion, a couple notches above other forums where community is involved.
What are the rules of SEO Contest
1. In order to win the first prize, you must place first in Google (organic rankings) for the search term on May 15, 2006, noon, Pacific standard time.
2. Prizes for 2nd place through 5th place will be awarded based on web page placing in the corresponding positions in Google on May 15, 2006, noon, Pacific standard time.
3. For the purpose of this competition, indented listings in the SERPs will not be counted.
4. In order to qualify for the prize, a web page must include one of the following:
a. A link back to the V7N home page.
b. One of these Official V7n SEO Contest banners:
The banners may link to V7N, or not link to V7N. Linking the banner to any domain other than v7n will disqualify the contestant.
Just to make this very clear, the banner may be unlinked. You do not need to link the banner graphic to v7n. For those who do not speak English: you do not need to link el-banner-o to v7n-o.
c. The following text:
We support v7n.com
Basically attain the top rank for v7ndotcom elursrebmem and place some sort of message supporting V7N.
What are the prizes?
First Prize: $4000 + Ipod
Second Prize: $500
Third Prize: $100
Fourth Prize: $100
Fifth Prize: $100
Greg Boser, Todd Friesen, and Mike Grehan are also adding cash prizes if you are willing to follow a couple more rules.
In addition to ranking for v7ndotcom elursrebmem, you’ll need to:
1. Place a link to the non-www version of Matt’s blog (http://mattcutts.com/blog.
In order to be eligible for the cash, your site will need to show up in a backlink search conducted on the day the contest ends. (We will use Yahoo’s Site Explorer to verify compliance.)
2. Use one of the non-link alternatives for the duration of the contest. (We will track and logs linking sites in order to determine eligibility).
v7ndotcom elursrebmem News
People have already started developing entries for the v7ndotcom elursrebmem contest. Yahoo is already showing more than 350+ entries for “v7ndotcom elursrebmem”. Threadwatch is covering a new google UI test showing Google Base entries for “v7ndotcom elursrebmem”. Even Danny Sullivan can’t ignore the contest like he thought.
Damn — just when I thought I could ignore the latest SEO contest, it does something interesting.
I’m betting the one with the best viral marketing campaign wins.